Conor McGregor Net Worth

Introduction

Conor McGregor, born Conor Anthony McGregor on July 14, 1988, in Dublin, Ireland, is a name synonymous with modern mixed martial arts (MMA). Known for his charismatic personality, striking prowess, and business acumen, McGregor has transcended the sport to become a global icon. His net worth, bolstered by his success in the UFC, high-profile boxing matches, and lucrative business ventures, reflects his status as one of the wealthiest athletes in the world.

Quick Facts

  • Net Worth: $200 Million
  • Birthdate: July 14, 1988 (35 years old)
  • Birthplace: Dublin, Ireland
  • Gender: Male
  • Height: 5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
  • Profession: Mixed Martial Artist
  • Nationality: Republic of Ireland

Net Worth

Conor McGregor’s net worth is estimated to be around $200 million. This impressive fortune is a result of his earnings from MMA and boxing, lucrative endorsement deals, and his successful venture into the spirits industry with his whiskey brand, Proper No. Twelve.

Career Earnings Breakdown

Fighting Earnings:

  • Mayweather Fight: McGregor earned approximately $100 million from his boxing match against Floyd Mayweather in August 2017.
  • Khabib Fight: He earned around $50 million from his October 2018 fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov.
  • Proper No. Twelve Sale: McGregor earned $200 million pre-tax from selling his whiskey brand, Proper No. Twelve, in April 2021.
  • Total Career Earnings: Estimated at $235 million from fighting alone.

Early Life and Career Beginnings

Conor McGregor grew up in Crumlin, a suburb of Dublin. From a young age, he showed a keen interest in sports, particularly soccer. At 12, he began training at a local boxing club, which marked the beginning of his combat sports journey. In 2006, McGregor started a plumbing apprenticeship, during which he was introduced to the UFC by fighter Tom Egan. This encounter led to McGregor training in various martial arts, including Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Capoeira, and Kickboxing.

UFC Career

McGregor made his MMA debut in 2007 and turned professional in 2008. His early success in the sport caught the attention of UFC President Dana White, who signed McGregor to a multi-fight contract in 2013. McGregor’s UFC debut against Marcus Brimage ended in a first-round TKO victory, setting the stage for his rapid rise in the sport.

Notable UFC Paydays:

  • Chad Mendes: $3.285 million (July 11, 2015)
  • Jose Aldo: $4.5 million (December 11, 2015)
  • Nate Diaz: $5.6 million per fight (2016)
  • Eddie Alvarez: $7 million (November 2016)
  • Khabib Nurmagomedov: $50 million (October 2018)
  • Donald Cerrone: Up to $80 million including Pay Per View (January 2020)
  • Dustin Poirier: $5 million guaranteed (January 2021)

Mayweather Fight

One of the most significant events in McGregor’s career was his crossover boxing match against Floyd Mayweather on August 26, 2017. The fight generated 4.3 million pay-per-view buys, making it one of the most lucrative events in sports history. McGregor was guaranteed $30 million for the fight, but his total earnings, including PPV bonuses and endorsements, exceeded $100 million.

Proper No. Twelve Whiskey

In 2018, McGregor launched the Proper No. Twelve Irish whiskey brand, which quickly gained popularity. In mid-2020, Proximo Spirits increased its stake in the brand to 49% with a $250 million investment. By April 2021, McGregor and his partners sold their remaining 51% stake to Proximo Spirits in a deal potentially worth $600 million. McGregor’s total earnings from the whiskey brand are estimated at $200 million.

Road House Salary

McGregor ventured into acting with a role in the reboot of “Road House,” starring opposite Jake Gyllenhaal. He was paid over $5.5 million for this role, making him one of the highest-paid athletes for a first-time acting role.

Personal Life

Conor McGregor has been in a long-term relationship with his fiancée, Dee Devlin, since 2008. The couple has three children together. McGregor is a devout Catholic and maintains a close relationship with his two sisters, Erin and Aoife.

Conclusion

Conor McGregor’s journey from a young athlete in Dublin to a global MMA superstar and successful entrepreneur is a testament to his drive and ambition. His impressive net worth reflects his achievements both inside and outside the octagon. McGregor continues to be a dominant force in sports and business, solidifying his legacy as one of the most influential athletes of his generation.